Started May 31, 2016
Full program description
This qualification is nationally recognised in the industry, so you'll have lots of opportunities to further your career.
Our graduates have gone into employment in a wide variety of industrial organisations, ranging from Global manufactures such as Norton Motorcycles, and Gibson Technologies to successful national companies such as Quattro Plant Kawasaki and local businesses and companies involved with high-tech engineering. Some of our graduates are also now running their own companies within the performance industry.
This course also meets the standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) by the Engineering Council UK for professional registration which allows students to progress on to further study at postgraduate level in order to work towards Chartered Engineer status.
Why choose this course?
- We received a 91% overall satisfaction rating for this course in the National Student Survey 2015*
- You'll study in a state of the art workshop complete with a rolling road and digital diagnostic and set-up equipment.
- We've developed this course with motorcycle engineering specialists, so you'll develop a wide range of the latest skills and techniques in production, manufacturing, mechanical and motorcycle engineering with materials technology and management.
- This qualification is nationally recognised in the industry, so you'll have excellent employment prospects and lots of opportunities to further your career.
- The Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) awarded Team Derby Motorsport with a grant for £3,000 after they won the Rookie Team Award in 2015.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96.9% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree.