Full course description
The course has been designed to provide you with an academically challenging and vocationally relevant degree that gives you the opportunity to use your passion for motorcycles to develop your understanding of engineering. Using motorcycle case studies you will be prepared for opportunities in the motorcycle industry and gain transferable skills that are highly valued in the wider field of engineering, should you wish to diversify to other areas of engineering during your career. We've developed the content with motorcycle engineering specialists, so you'll develop a wide range of the latest skills and techniques in production, motorcycle engineering and materials technology and management.
Accreditation by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and The Engineering Council is pending for this course.
Why choose this course?
- We received a 91% overall satisfaction rating for this course in the National Student Survey 2015*
- You'll study in a state of the art workshop complete with a rolling road and digital diagnostic and set-up equipment.
- We've developed this course with motorcycle engineering specialists, so you'll develop a wide range of the latest skills and techniques in production, manufacturing, mechanical and motorcycle engineering with materials technology and management.
- This qualification is nationally recognised in the industry, so you'll have excellent employment prospects and lots of opportunities to further your career.
- The Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) awarded Team Derby Motorsport with a grant for £3,000 after they won the Rookie Team Award in 2015.
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96.9% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree.